Advantages of KAUFFMAN’S® Probiotic Paste for Horses
Benefits of our equine probiotic paste, KAUFFMAN’S® KA-HI Pro Paste, include:
- Support During Times Of Stress: Horses undergo stressful situations virtually every day including, weather or ration changes, de-worming, antibiotic treatment, heavy training and/or competition or transportation. These stressful situations can compromise the digestive capabilities of your horse. Our probiotic paste for horses provides insurance against digestive deficiency of beneficial microorganism activity critical for efficient digestion.
- Specially selected bacteria: A product with a single species of bacteria does not fit every situation! The digestive tract of a monogastric horse is significantly different from that of a ruminant — i.e. – dairy and beef cattle — so don’t be fooled into using a paste claiming to be formulated to fit all species. KA-HI Pro Paste probiotic formulation starts with host-specific bacteria strains specially selected for their compatibility with the equine digestive tract. These bacteria are then micro-encapsulated to preserve their viability during storage, protect them from stomach acids and bile sales to help ensure their effectiveness. This same micro-encapsulation breaks down when exposed to the gastric juices and then releases the bacteria at the point of action — the intestinal tract! In addition to their fermenting/digestive action, these probiotics help maintain normal digestive health and support healthy immune function.
- Digestive enzymes: Our equine probiotic paste contains a specific combination of digestive enzymes that work synergistically with the inherent bacteria and naturally occurring enzymes of the equine digestive tract. Enzymes are the catalysts responsible to support proper digestion of feedstuffs. Feedstuffs that may normally pass through the digestive tract are subjected to the hydrolyzing effects of these supplemental enzymes to support healthy digestion that in important to provide the nutrients your horse needs to thrive.
- Convenient Packaging: With KA-HI Pro Paste there is no guesswork. Simply administer 15- or 30-grams (1/2 tube or full tube) orally on the back of your horse’s tongue and be assured that your horse is receiving the full level of probiotics that you intended! Under extreme stress, it is safe to double the dose. Consider calling your veterinarian, however, if your horse continues to exhibit signs of stress, as they may need emergency care, or if you’re interested in modifying the amount administered.
Strains of Bacteria in KA-HI Probiotic Paste for Horses
Bacteria strains play a vital role when it comes to probiotic pastes for horses. Ours uses five equine-specific bacteria, which are compatible with the equine digestive tract and have a competitive advantage over disease-causing bacteria.
These strains include:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: These bacteria in our horse probiotic paste work by producing lactic acid and encouraging the growth of beneficial bacteria, which promotes healthier pH levels.
- Enterococcus faecium: Like the first bacteria in our probiotic paste for horses, these bacteria cause lactic acid production. They also help influence your horse’s pH levels in their gastrointestinal tract.
- Bifidobacterium longum: These bacteria also help with chronic diarrhea and reducing the production of pathogen bacteria in your horse’s gastrointestinal tract.
- Bifidobacterium thermophilum: We include these bacteria in our equine probiotic paste because they’re one of the best forms of bacteria for your horse’s gut. It helps nourish essential microflora in this class to support natural microflora and gut health.
- Bacillus subtilis: A spore-forming probiotic that supports overall gut health and survives during times of environmental stress, antibiotic therapy and de-worming.
With KA-HI Pro Paste, our goal is to help your horse thrive and perform their best. Keep KA-HI Pro Paste on hand in the barn, on the trailer when transporting or attending events and anytime digestive support for your equine athlete is important.
Your Questions Answered
Vegetable Oil, Dextrose, Hydrated Sodium Aluminosilicate, Dried Egg Yolk Solids, Sorbitan Monostearate, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium longum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, and Yucca schidigera Extract Powder.
For oral equine use only. During times of stress or compromised digestive function, administer (orally on the back of horse’s tongue) half the contents of one tube (15 grams) per dose. Repeat dosage when necessary. Dose may be safely doubled under extreme stress.
Foals – 15 grams at 12-24 hours old and 15 grams on days four and seven.
Post Worming – 15 grams on days one, three, and seven.
Training Horses – 15 grams every third or fourth day.
Transportation – 15 grams on days three and one prior to and on day one after transport.
(Use of this product should be part of a comprehensive evaluation of the feeding program.)
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||1 x 10 cfu*/gm|
|Bifidobacterium thermophilum||1 x 10 cfu*/gm|
|Enterococcus faecium||1 x 10 cfu*/gm|
|Bacillus subtilis||1 x 10 cfu*/gm|
|Bifidobacterium longum||1 x 10 cfu*/gm|
|(cfu = Colony Forming Units)|
|Total Lactic Acid Producing Bacteria||5 x 10 cfu*/gm|