KAUFFMAN’S® Coat, Skin & Weight™ is formulated with high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are balanced to deliver a 4.8 to 1 ratio (3 to 6). Flaxseed and fish oil provide high fat content to support coat health.
It also contains digestive enzymes, micro-encapsulated probiotics, yeast and added calories to support body condition and proper weight in equines of all ages.
Coat, Skin & Weight was the number one recommended supplement in its class by Horse Journal in 2013! “Our favorite commercial supplement is KAUFFMAN’S Coat, Skin & Weight because of its high omega 3s, high protein, and high microbial count,”- Horse Journal, December 2013.
Horses with healthy skin will grow naturally healthy coats. Keeping your horse’s skin well-nourished by supporting them with nutritional supplements for a shiny coat will keep them looking their best!
Horse Grooming Tips
- Sponging —sponging your horse’s face and body off after exercising will help keep their coat healthy and avoid fungal issues.
- Currying — horses should be curried every day. Currying brings natural skin oils to the surface, which will make them shiny and help with overall coat health.
- Grooming his tail — promote growth of your horse’s tail and mane by gently combing out debris and tangles every day.
- Using a dandy brush — you can also stimulate the growth of your horse’s tail dock by brushing it daily with a dandy brush. Dandy brushes remove dirt that causes tail itchiness while increasing blood flow to that area.
- KAUFFMAN’S® Coat, Skin & Weight- add this supplement to your horse’s diet today to support coat health and healthy skin.
Why Horses Lose Weight
Equine weight loss is often attributed to workload, age, seasonal stress, weakened digestive system or a combination of all these factors.
Horse weight gain supplements are designed to help horses maintain a healthy weight by adding beneficial fats (energy) and nutrients to a horse’s diet without raising grain intake.
Your Questions Answered
Flaxseed Meal, Fish Oil, Fenugreek Seed, Yeast Culture, Magnesium Proteinate, Calcium Silicate, Active Dry Yeast, Thiamine Mononitrate, Mixed Tocopherols (a preservative), Yucca schidigera Extract, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium longum Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Schizosaccharomyces pombe (expressing the E coli gene), Natural & Artificial Flavor
Feed at the rate of two ounces per horse per day to support coat and skin; four ounces per horse per day as a weight supplement. Daily feeding may be safely doubled if needed to help maintain coat, skin & body condition.
|Per lb||Per 2 oz|
|Crude Protein, min||15.50 %||8.79 g|
|Crude Fat, min.||37.00 %||20.9 g|
|Crude Fiber, max.||7.25 %||4.1 g|
|Magnesium, min.||0.90 %||510 mg|
|Thiamine, min.||4,000 mg||500 mg|
|Omega-3, min.||18 %||10 g|
|Omega-6, min.||4 %||2.20 g|
2.3 Billion CFU* per lb ( 285 Million CFU* per 2 oz)
(Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, Bifidobacterium longum)
Live Yeast Cell Count:
180 Billion CFU* per lb (22.5 Billion CFU* per 2 oz)
|Per lb||Per 2 oz|
|a-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae) µg starch hydrolyzed/min||54,700 µg||6,830 µg|
|Protease (Aspergillus oryzae) µg proteins hydrolyzed/min||7,200 µg||900 µg|
|Cellulase (T. longibrachiatum, Aspergillus niger) µg cellulose broken down/min||2,900 µg||360 µg|
|Lipase (Aspergillus oryzae) µg triglycerides hydrolyzed/min||2,100 µg||270 µg|
|Pectinase (Aspergillus niger) µg pectin broken down/min||1,400 µg||175 µg|
|Phytase (Schizosaccharomyces pombe) µg phytate hydrolyzed/min||360 µg||45 µg|
|Hemicellulase (Aspergillus niger) µg hemicellulose broken down/min||6,500 µg||800 µg|
|Β-Glucanase (Aspergillus niger) µg β-glucans hydrolyzed/min||680 µg||85 µg|
*CFU– Colony Forming Units
- Weight Loss
- To supply nutrients for a healthy coat
- Poor body condition
- Dull, listless, dry coats
- Increase caloric density in the diet